Hennessey Performance just dropped the mother of all performance upgrades for the already ludicrous Dodge Challenger Hellcat with its HPE 1000 package.
It’s hard to imagine that anyone can take an already bonkers 707 hp Dodge Challenger Hellcat and make it even more ludicrous, but the fine tuners in Sealy, Texas manage to do so with every new package upgrade. We already are aware of the HPE 800 and HPE 850, but according to Hennessey Performance earlier this Monday, they just dropped an HPE 1000 package. Hennessey takes the already stout 6.2L Supercharged Hemi and adds on twin turbos ala twin charging and installs all the supporting hardware.
We can already hear Xzibt now saying, “Yo Dawg, we heard you like forced induction so we put forced induction on your forced induction.” Head on over to Hennessey Performance to take a look at the package for yourself.
Up until the HPE 1000, upgrades to the Hellcat have been light to say the least. With the HPE 800 and HPE 850, you mainly got a new ECU, upgraded software, new lower pulley for more boost and a port-matched throttle body. But this HPE 1000 really ups the ante. Here’s the full list of all the other upgrades you receive.
• Twin turbo system working in conjunction with the factory supercharger producing 15 psi boost.
• High-flow air to water intercooler system.
• Stainless steel turbo headers and downpipes.
• Dual turbo wastegates
• Turbo inlet tubing with dual blow-off valves
• Upgraded high-flow fuel injectors.
• Upgraded fuel pump & fuel system.
• HPE engine management upgrade & chassis dyno calibration.
• Professional installation
• Chassis dyno testing.
• 1 Year / 12,000-mile limited warranty. Contact a Hennessey Performance sales associate for more details.
More from Art of Gears
- 3 Reasons the 2024 Mazda CX-50 Is Among the Best Small SUVs
- The Jeep Renegade Is Discontinued: Here’s a Look at Its Legacy
- 2023 Nissan Armada: A Decent Full Size SUV With 1 Glaring Issue
- Best Minivans: 3 Options for Families With Solid Performance
- Here’s Why the 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E Is So Popular
Final power numbers at the crank measure 1,032 HP and 987 lb-ft. The tale of the tape now estimates this mad cat to hit 60 MPH in 2.7 seconds and run the quarter-mile in 9.9 seconds at 142 MPH.
Although no official pricing has been set and Hennessey asks you to call for more information, we can look to the C7 Corvette for an idea of just how expensive this HPE 1000 upgrade will be. For the C7 HPE 1000, that setback bowtie owners a good $67,950. We’re going to assume the development costs for the Dodge Challenger Hellcat are a tad cheaper so we’re throwing out a package price of $59,995 for this HPE 1000 Hellcat.
Tack that on the price of a stock Hellcat $64,195) and you are already in the 1000 HP club for under $125,000 which is a downright bargain in our book.
It’s already well known that the Hellcat is super-drivable around town with its red and black keys limiting power at your discretion so we wonder how well this newfound power integrates with that software.
We love everything about this 1032 HP Hellcat and are sure Hellcat owners will jump at the opportunity to shame other supercars at a mere fraction of the price.