The latest F-Type SVR is the ultimate version of the F-Type performance line.
The F-Type SVR is an upgrade over the F-Type R. Here’s what you need to know.
- The 5.0-liter, supercharged V8 has been bumped up to 575 horsepower and 516-lb.ft. of torque.
- The optional Carbon Ceramic Matrix (CCM) brake system offers a 46-lb. reduction in unsprung mass and optimal fade resistance.
- Vehicle weight savings of 55-lbs. compared to the Type R, or up to 110-lbs. with the CCM brake system, carbon fiber roof panel, and carbon fiber pack.
- Enhanced aerodynamics with a redesigned front bumper and splitter, flat underfloor, rear venturi, and carbon fiber rear spoiler.
- The Inconel Titanium exhaust system offers a weight savings of 35-lbs., and offers an even more hardcore sound than the Type R.
- The SVR has a Quickshift transmission, Electric Power-Assist Steering, Adaptive Dynamics, Torque Vectoring, Dynamic Stability Control, and All-Wheel Drive systems recalibrated.
- New dampers and anti-roll bars, wider tires, and lightweight 20-inch forged wheels with stiffer rear knuckles.
- Priced from $125,950 for the Coupe, and $128,800 for the Convertible.
More from Art of Gears
- 3 Reasons the 2024 Mazda CX-50 Is Among the Best Small SUVs
- The Jeep Renegade Is Discontinued: Here’s a Look at Its Legacy
- 2023 Nissan Armada: A Decent Full Size SUV With 1 Glaring Issue
- Best Minivans: 3 Options for Families With Solid Performance
- Here’s Why the 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E Is So Popular
The sum of all of these features lead to a 0-60 mile per hour time in an estimated 3.5 seconds, with a top speed over 200 miles per hour. The chassis can now reach its’ full potential with a full round of upgrades. Speed, power, style, and noise are all combined in this well-sorted package. The Aston Martin V8 Vantage has some stiff competition. It can be ordered ahead of the Geneva Auto Show, with delivery planned during the summer of 2016.
Even with the new features, Jaguar has amazing warranty coverage. All 2016 and later Jaguars will come with Elitecare, a new 5-year/60,000 mile ownership package that includes:
- – 5-Year/60,000 Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- – 5-Year/60,000 Mile Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance
- – 5-Year/60,000 Mile 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- – 5-Year/Unlimited Mile Jaguar InControl®Remote & Protect™
Related Story: Track Day: Ridealong In The 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo
In a world of amazing cars, Jaguar is now knocking on the doors of Mercedes Benz with their AMG GT and Porsche with their 911, to become an equal rival in outright performance.