Dale Earnhardt #3
He is the reason that I wrote this article and I can’t convey the impact he had on the sport in a cultural sense but I can delve into the numbers.
More from Art of Gears
- 3 Reasons the 2024 Mazda CX-50 Is Among the Best Small SUVs
- The Jeep Renegade Is Discontinued: Here’s a Look at Its Legacy
- 2023 Nissan Armada: A Decent Full Size SUV With 1 Glaring Issue
- Best Minivans: 3 Options for Families With Solid Performance
- Here’s Why the 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E Is So Popular
He’s tied for the most career NASCAR Cup Series championships. His 76 Cup Series race victories are eighth all time. He was inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Motorsports Hall of Fame, and the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.
The best way I can put his impact on motorsports into context, Daniel Ricciardo uses the #3 on his McLaren F1 car as an homage to his favorite driver.
If a driver from Australia idolizes The Intimidator, well, his impact is worldwide and epic.