The latest Ford Explorer can be optioned with a Sport Appearance Package for 2017.
The continuing drop in gas prices throughout the United States has led to a recent surge in sales for sport utility vehicles. As sport utility vehicles become more common on the roads, consumers want to spec out their vehicles for a bit more personalization.
"“Our Sport Appearance philosophy is rooted in the fact that we know exterior appearance is the No. 1 consideration in SUV purchase decisions,” said Omar Odeh, Explorer brand marketing manager. “The XLT Sport Appearance Package is a dramatic offering that gives customers another attractive option.”Exterior updates on the 2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package include 20-inch Magnetic Gray painted wheels, black body side cladding and Magnetic Gray grille. Preproduction model shown; available summer 2016."
The Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package features updates both inside and out:
- 20-inch Magnetic Gray wheels
- Magnetic Gray grille
- Magnetic Gray mirror caps
- Magnetic Gray rear appliqué
- Ebony Black body side cladding
- Black roof rack
- Explorer hood badge
- Dark Earth Gray leather for front seats, including outer bolsters by premium leather maker Salerno; Dark Earth Gray Miko® suede for seat back uppers and inserts with Umber scrim, and door trim inserts; Umber contrast stitching
- Explorer logo floor mats
The 2017 Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package comes equipped with standard XLT features including a 3.5-liter V6 engine, Intelligent Access with push-button start, 10-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support, SYNC® 3, LED fog lamps and much more.
More from Art of Gears
- 3 Reasons the 2024 Mazda CX-50 Is Among the Best Small SUVs
- The Jeep Renegade Is Discontinued: Here’s a Look at Its Legacy
- 2023 Nissan Armada: A Decent Full Size SUV With 1 Glaring Issue
- Best Minivans: 3 Options for Families With Solid Performance
- Here’s Why the 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E Is So Popular
Subtle touches to the interior and exterior of the latest Ford Explorer with the Sport Appearance Package can conjure up similarities with the Range Rover designs as well. The grille, larger wheels, and magnetic gray accents help distinguish the Sport Appearance Package from other late model Ford Explorers. Considering the trim line and option packages of the latest Ford Explorers, it is easier to find a vehicle that suits the customer’s needs. A customer can get something as simple as a 3.5 liter V6 with all of the basic amenities and room, or an XLT with a Sport Appearance Package with an Ecoboost V6 for something a bit more luxurious.
There’s no doubt that the sport-utility market is going to stay for awhile, especially with gas prices at an all time low. Future buyers can now look forward to having a little fun while fulfilling their creature comfort needs as well.
For more information on the Ford company and how they built the 2015 Mustang, click on the link above for a short clip on their latest documentary, A Faster Horse.