The Actev Arrow adds safety features for go-karting.
The Actev Arrow is an electric go-kart. While some may consider that boring, admittedly, K1 Racing electric go-karts are definitely faster than the gas-powered go-karts from Dromo One in Southern California.
As kids, we would have loved to get behind the wheel of anything. Power wheels never really went fast, and the plastic wheels made it easily to slide. It drove slowly. We didn’t care. It had pedals and could steer. But, we were always under the watchful eye of our parents. It’s not like we knew all of the rules of the road.
More from Art of Gears
- 3 Reasons the 2024 Mazda CX-50 Is Among the Best Small SUVs
- The Jeep Renegade Is Discontinued: Here’s a Look at Its Legacy
- 2023 Nissan Armada: A Decent Full Size SUV With 1 Glaring Issue
- Best Minivans: 3 Options for Families With Solid Performance
- Here’s Why the 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E Is So Popular
Actev created a go-kart with modern car features. Want to limit the driving area to a specific spot? You can do that through the app. Want to limit the vehicle speed? You can do that through the app. Want collision-avoidance on the kart? It comes standard. Want to control the gear selector on the kart? You can do that through the app. Want to stop your child from hitting an object? You can do that through the app. Check out the complete list of features.
- Proximity Sensor on the front of the Arrow supports Anti-Collision. When this feature is on it mitigates potential impacts.
- Actev Light on the rear of the seat- provides bright illuminated indication of driving, braking and reverse.
- Flag Mount and Actev Flag provides additional visibility above the Arrow.
- Arrow WiFi and GPS functionality allows the ability to link with the Actev App and parents can utilize app enabled safety features.
Some of the Actev App Safety Controls:
- Speed control– set a safe driving speed for the skill level of your child. Anywhere from 2 mph – 12 mph.
- Geo-Fencing: define the safe area where the Arrow can be operated. This feature can be turned on and off through the Actev App. You use the Actev App to set up the Geo-Fence which creates a safe driving zone.
- Collision Avoidance: is turned on as a default on all Arrow Smart-Karts. It can also be turned off in the Actev App. Anti-Collision may cause braking and stopping that interfere with some driving situations.
- Emergency Stop: On the the main drive screen in the Actev App, there is a large red “STOP” button on the bottom of the screen. This lets you stop the Arrow at any time through the WiFi connection.
- Gear Selection: Assist your driver to shift between drive and reverse if they have not yet mastered the double tap of the brake pedal. This also allows you to place the Arrow in Park when the Smart-Kart is stopped. You can also place the Smart-Kart in neutral which makes it easier to push the Smart-Kart when it is off.
- Driver Profiles: Multiple driver profiles can be associated with each Arrow Smart-Kart. Different settings and speeds can be saved for each driver. This also allows each driver to track their own performance and driving results.
With a steel frame, rubber tires, and adjustable pedals, the Actev Arrow provides a solid foundation as a chassis.
The kart can also be upgraded with a rapid fast charger, double capacity battery, new body kit, and tires specifically for drifting.
This is the perfect vehicle to get a child started into the automotive world. Not only can a child get their hands on the driving experience, but they can also learn about how handling changes with different tires, and modify the kart as they please.
For more information, check out the Actev Arrow website.