Ford Focus RS will make its competition debut as Ford’s factory entry in 2016 FIA World Rallycross Championship
More from Art of Gears
- 3 Reasons the 2024 Mazda CX-50 Is Among the Best Small SUVs
- The Jeep Renegade Is Discontinued: Here’s a Look at Its Legacy
- 2023 Nissan Armada: A Decent Full Size SUV With 1 Glaring Issue
- Best Minivans: 3 Options for Families With Solid Performance
- Here’s Why the 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E Is So Popular
The latest hot hatch from Ford will test its’ meddle at the World Rallycross Championship. Ken Block will join alongside Andreas Bakkerud as his teammate for 2016. Ken Block, more famously known for his
series, is bringing the Ford team into rallycross. The latest Focus RS is capable of 350 horsepower and has multiple modes. Sport, Track, and Drift modes change the settings of the dampers, the electronic stability control, steering, and engine responses.
The latest Focus RS is easily the pinnacle of hot hatches in the United States.
"“RS is a worldwide brand with a rich heritage that motorsports enthusiasts know and love,” said Dave Pericak, global director, Ford Performance. “Our RS badge has a natural connection to racing, and we have a passionate, dedicated team on the project. We’re excited to honor the history of Rallye Sport by pushing every aspect of performance and design to the limit.”"
Check out the total specifications for the Focus RS Rallycross:
- 600 horsepower
- 664-lb.ft. of torque
- 0-60 mph times in two seconds flat
- Sadey 6-speed sequential gearbox with adjustable, mechanical, front and rear differentials
- Short/long arm-type suspension on all corners with 3-way adjustable Reiger dampers
- Brembo calipers with 350mm rotors
- 17″ x 8″ wheels to suit WRX regulations
With the tremendous capabilities of the Focus RS, the competition version enhances the performance to a new level. While the World Rallycross version of the Focus RS has enhanced body work, owners of the street-legal Focus RS won’t be that far off from having the race versions on the street.
The latest Focus RS is truly the pinnacle of hot hatches in the U.S. market.
The Focus RS Rallycross cars will debut at the FIA World Rallycross event in Portugal, April 15-17, with Block and Bakkerud behind the wheel. We can’t wait to see Ford Performance work with Ken Block and Andreas Bakkerud take the Focus RS across the finish line, in first place where it belongs.