March 31, 2016 is also known as Tesla Model 3 day.
We have waited a long time for the Model 3 to come out. Initially, there was hype around the car with limited details. The only true conclusion we could come up with is that the car would be 80% the size of a Model S and compete against other entry level luxury cars such as the BMW 3-series, Audi A4, and Mercedes C-class.
Further details about consistent range about the price point was included as well.
More from Art of Gears
- 3 Reasons the 2024 Mazda CX-50 Is Among the Best Small SUVs
- The Jeep Renegade Is Discontinued: Here’s a Look at Its Legacy
- 2023 Nissan Armada: A Decent Full Size SUV With 1 Glaring Issue
- Best Minivans: 3 Options for Families With Solid Performance
- Here’s Why the 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E Is So Popular
We couldn’t wait either. We thought we had details from an
. We found more rumors about its’
. We compared the theoretical numbers to a
. We even talked about how to view the
. This didn’t feel like any ordinary vehicle unveiling. It wasn’t that long ago where I likened it to waiting for
all over again.
So, what were the results?
Elon Musk began with environmental concerns. The goal of Tesla was to make sustainable transport. Using the facts based on the presentation, there has been a 2.3* F increase around the world, and a record high 403.5 parts per million of carbon dioxide, which may link to 53,000 deaths per year.
- Economies of scale to make the car affordable
- 5 Star safety in all categories
- 0-60 less than 6 seconds with base model
- Range EPA rated 215 miles with base model
- Standard autopilot, autopilot safety features standard
- Seating for 5 adults
- Roof, continuous glass
- Supercharging standard
- Double the number of superchargers throughout the U.S. within a given time period. End of 2017 7,200 total.
- Expansion to 441 locations worldwide
- $35,000 base price
These specifications are relatively unbelievable. The expansion rate for Tesla is accelerated to keep up with the mass volume expected to be sold when the the Model 3 is out to sell.
Total numbers of orders surpassed 115,000.